Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Cat Came to Visit

A few days ago, a cat came to visit, which once again reminded me of my predicament as an “indoor cat”.
I don't think she's that cute.
I first knew something was going on when my human friend, Eileen, picked me up and held me to the screen window.  I wondered why it suddenly came into her mind that she should show me the outdoors.  I decided that she was just being loving, and knew that I liked to look out of the window sometimes.  My joy disappeared when I looked down.  On the ground, in my yard, was a little gray and brown tabby cat.  To make it worse, my other human friend, Mallory, was playing with her!  She never wants to play with me…   Eileen, however is a different story.  But to make it worst, my biggest fan, Eileen, puts me down!
“Don’t worry Wessie, you’re my favorite cat in the whole world, and I love you.  But I just want to play with the other cat a little.”  She gave me a hug and went outside.
Now I just need to wonder when they get rid of me...
Even she doesn’t care enough about me to stay inside with me!  So, whenever a new cat comes to visit I’ll be left all alone?  I pretended not to be affected by this little girl cat visiting at all, and stayed calm.  I wouldn‘t want anyone to actually think that I cared if those pesky humans didn‘t want to play with me.  On top of that, this cat was allowed outside in the same place that I wasn’t!  Isn’t she in just as much danger as I would be if I went out?  The world just isn’t a fair place.  For a few minutes that seemed like an eternity, I waited to see when the humans would get tired of playing with this other cat.
Finally, the humans came inside, happy after playing with the cat called Kisha (they found out her name from the tag on her collar).  Before this incident, I never had a doubt if I was the number 1 cat in their lives, but now I’m not so sure.  I must watch their every move and make sure that they don’t seem to be hanging out with other cats too much…

1 comment: